Stepping Forward Campaign
On June 30, 2014, Tower celebrated the closing of the successful endowment campaign, "Stepping Forward: Investing in Tower's Future". Launched in 2012, this endowment-only campaign raised over $3,700,000 from over 240 donors in support of the school’s most prized assets: people and program. Investing in the school’s endowment provides our faculty, students and program with the additional resources necessary to sustain and enhance the quality of our educational program well into the future.
A significantly enhanced endowment helps secure Tower's position and improve our ability to continually invest in program and people by allowing Tower to:
- Support competitive faculty compensation and benefits
- Enhance and expand professional development opportunities and program
- Strengthen tuition assistance program
- Provide financial stability, strength, and flexibility to adapt to market fluctuations
As a part of the Stepping Forward campaign, the Board of Trustees established the Peter S. Philip Faculty Chair in History in honor of Peter Philip’s service to Tower. The intention of the fund is to honor Peter, a former history teacher for many years, in a way that also helps fund the ongoing program costs. For a term of five years, the Philip Faculty Chair will help fund a history or social studies teacher's salary and benefits; as well as provide a special professional development stipend in years two through five.
Congratulations to the following recipients of the Peter S. Philip Faculty Chair in History.
- Sig Orne, seventh and eighth grade history teacher, 2019-2023
- Gillian Andrews, fourth grade social studies teacher, 2014-2019
To make a gift to the Peter S. Philip Faculty Chair in History, please use the form below.