Tower School is an independent day school serving children in Pre-K through grade 8. Most often, job openings are posted on our website in the spring for the following fall, but applicants are invited to contact us at any time. Resumes and cover letter should be sent to Kristen Baldacci, Executive Assistant to the Head of School.
School Nurse at Tower School
Tower School currently seeks qualified applicants for the position of school nurse. This full-time, school-year position reports directly to the Head of School. Using best practices, the nurse will identify students with health problems and provide comprehensive nursing care.
- Recommends exclusion and monitors readmission for students and faculty with infectious or communicable diseases and collaborates with the Board of Health as needed.
- Makes appropriate referrals on health problems observed in students and consults school physician when needed.
- Collaborates with mental health staff related to students with social or emotional difficulties.
- Serves as educational resource for students, families, and faculty.
- Assists in the development and facilitation of the school's wellness program
- Identifies health and safety hazards in the school and communicates with administration and the maintenance staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safe and proper medication administration in accordance with state guidelines and school policy.
- Communicates with families and faculty about school health policies and ensures compliance with these policies.
- Assists with maintenance of accurate health records on each student. Ensures that all students comply with immunization laws.
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA standards. Handles confidential information ethically and professionally.
- Assists with collecting statistical information to meet reporting requirements.
- Provides emergency care in cases of injury or sudden illness, initiating emergency response when needed. Participates in professional development programs.
- Encourages and assists teachers to help students develop good health habits.
- Provides a healthful organic snack to all students.
- Assists with management of school health, materials and supplies.
- Provides CPR/ AED training for all faculty and coaches.
- Promotes inclusion practices to create a safe, welcome environment for students, families, and faculty, particularly around cultural medical practices and issues of gender and sexual identity.
- Bachelor of Nursing required
3-5 years experience preferred
School experience a plus
Please forward application materials to
Kristen Baldacci, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at email@example.com
Tower School seeks a motivated, collaborative, and flexible Development Associate to join its faculty. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, exceptional attention to detail, and demonstrated ability with seeing a project or task from conception to completion. The Development Associate will need to embrace the school’s mission and culture in order to be an effective member of its close-knit and proud community. He/she must exhibit professionalism, good judgement, and discretion while serving as an excellent representative of the school. He/she will works closely with the Director of Development, parent volunteers, and faculty.
Gift and Data Management
- Gift Processing
- Enter all gifts into Veracross, Tower’s development database.
- Produce cash receipt journals for the Business Office.
- Manage acknowledgement process including preparing and mailing tax receipts and thank you letters.
- Coordinate with the Business Office on a monthly gifts/accounting reconciliation.
- Manage the Matching Gift program.
- Create monthly Annual Fund Dashboard reports.
- Create solicitation reports for volunteers ahead of monthly meetings.
- Ensure solicitation materials are ready in time for launch, i.e. brochures, giving envelopes, letterhead.
- Coordinate mail merge and mailings (in-house and with mail house) for all outgoing letters including solicitations, general updates, stewardship letters, and so on.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development in planning and executing major development events such as the Auction, Golf Tournament, Grandparents Day and donor recognition events; as well as other special events such as parent receptions, special assemblies, and more.
- Tower School Parents Association (TSPA)
- Support the work of the TSPA including event coordination and program support.
- Work with students, parents and alumni volunteers to collect and maintain alumni contact information.
- Plan events for young alumni.
- Assist in collecting alumni news to be shared via social media and newsletters.
- Coordinate alumni gifts.
- Reports to the Director of Development.
- Works collaboratively with the Business Office, Front Office and Head of School’s Office.
- Be a visible and active member of the school community by participating in shared duties, attending events, and engaging in student-faculty programs.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Must possess exceptionally strong writing, speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills essential; familiarity with fundraising software a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- This is a full-time year-round position requiring some evening and weekend work.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Jessie Achterhof, Director of Development.
Tower School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, disability, sexual orientation, nationality or ethnicity in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.