Every member of the Tower community learns and works under the Tower Code:
• Respect all people: teachers, students, staff, parents, visitors, and others.
• Respect the rights of students to learn and teachers to teach.
• Be kind and helpful. Include others.
• Be honest with yourself and others.
• Respect school and personal property, and help keep Tower clean.
These five simple rules are posted in each classroom, and their impact extends far beyond. Pre-kindergartners learn to share and take turns. Fourth graders serve meals at a local soup kitchen. Upper School students clean up trash at local beaches. We encourage our students to be thoughtful, considerate, and contributing members of their community. Responsibility for one’s actions, the ability to resolve conflict, and an appreciation for similarities and differences among people and cultures are essential. Teachers are role models in this as they establish classrooms and practices that are fair and respectful.
Please click on the following links to learn more about how Tower encourages good citizenship in our students.