Philosophy Statement & Goals
Tower School’s physical education and athletic curriculum works within the school’s stated Mission and Core Values. Through the program, we teach students the benefits of physical activity and promote good character, sportsmanship, and school spirit. We also strive to develop leadership skills and an appreciation for the value of teamwork. The program has high standards; we challenge students to seek personal levels of excellence in a stimulating and supportive environment. Participation is expected of all students.
- We seek to instill the idea of physical fitness as a lifetime habit.
- Our physical education program strives to prepare the students for the Upper School athletic program.
- We strive to teach students the values of sportsmanship and to encourage other qualities of good character. We will provide leadership opportunities on the athletic field.
- We seek to give each student the experience of playing on a competitive team. A winning record is neither a goal nor a priority; however, a “play to win” attitude will be encouraged as long as good sportsmanship is maintained. We seek to field competitive interscholastic teams.
- We hope that the athletic program will demonstrate to our students the correlation between hard work and improvement.
- Improved skills for each player will be a priority. We will provide quality instruction and supportive, enthusiastic coaching for all athletes.
- We seek to elevate school spirit. We hope that our students will have fun playing sports at Tower.
- We expect that each student on an interscholastic team will have meaningful playing time in each game for which he/she is prepared. This means that all players will share fairly the playing time in every game.