Athletics Offerings & Policies
Interscholastic Soccer (JV and Varsity), Interscholastic Cross-country
Interscholastic Basketball (JV, Varsity, 6th grade), Drama Production
Interscholastic Lacrosse (JV and Varsity), Outdoor Activities
- Student participation in all sports seasons is strongly encouraged. All Upper School students must play at least one season each year on an interscholastic competitive team.
- All students who will be in the Upper School must submit a yearlong “athletic plan” in the spring term.
- Students will be selected for varsity level teams based on ability, effort, and attitude, as well as by students’ physical development and maturity. Preference will generally be given to eighth grade students.
- Depending on participation, Tower School may choose to offer a sixth grade team as an alternative to participation at the JV level. While this may happen in any season, most frequently this occurs during basketball.
- The Upper School drama production is an important part of the program at Tower. Students who participate in the drama production during the winter must participate in at least one of the interscholastic teams in either the fall or the spring.
- Participation in practices and games is critical to individual and team development. Regular attendance at both practices and games is required to meet participation requirements.