Steps to complete the Admission Process
Applying to Tower is easy! You can either download and print the forms below or click HERE to apply online. Note: Recommendation forms need to be printed and delivered to your child's school. Links are below.
1. Download and fill out forms:
- Application (click to download a pdf) Submit ASAP to start the application process and to have the best opporunity to schedule screening appointments. Applications received after February 1st will be reviewed they are completed.
- Applicaion Fee: $45
- School Records Release Form (Click to download a pdf) Sign and deliver the Records Release and the the age specific AISNE recommendation form to your child's teacher. Include a stamped envelope addressed to: Tower School Admission Office, 75 West Shore Drive, Marblehead, MA 01945.
- AISNE Teacher Evaluation Forms: Created by the Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE), these are common evaluation forms which are used by most Independent Schools. Evaluations are confidential and should be returned directly to the Admissions Office by your child’s teacher(s). Evaluation forms should not be completed and/or submitted until after December 1st, but must be received by February 1st.Please provide teachers with both the records releas form and the appropriate AISNE form along with a stamped envelope addressed to: Tower School Admission Office Tower School, 75 West Shore Drive, Marblehead, MA 01945
AISNE Form : pre-k, kindergarten & first grade
AISNE Form: for students applying to grades 2-5
AISNE Form for students entering grades 6-8-English
AISNE Form for students entering grades 6-8-Math
Appointments to Schedule
- Parent Tour-September-January- Seeing Tower in action on a parent tour is a great way to learn about our curriculum, see classes in session, speak with teachers, etc. Call the Admission Office to schedule a 45 minute tour. (781-631-5800). This is a great way to see if you think your child would benefit from a Tower education.
- Admission Screening- November through January
Applicants to pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and grade 1:
Call the Admission Office to schedule.
Applicants to grades 2-8:
Call the Admission Office to schedule a day visit. Grades 2-4: The screening takes place during the visit.
- Applicants to grades 6-8 will take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) in addition to visiting Tower for a day. The ISEE will be offered at Tower School on Saturday, February 2, 2013 or Thursday, February 21, 2013.
To register for the ISEE:
Registration must be completed three weeks prior to the test date you have selected.
Go to ISEE Registration to register. Tower is a closed site, so you will need to enter the invitation code that corresponds to the date you are choosing:
Saturday, February 2 Invitation code: rLA46tgP
Thursday, February 21 Invitation code: mw235g3Z
If your child cannot take the ISEE on either of the days above, please choose a date at another school hosting the ISEE. Visit ISEE to register at another location.
- Parent Interview- October-January The parent interview gives parents the opportunity for parents to discuss their child, his or her development, personality, and interests. It is a great time to ask specific questions about Tower School as it relates to your family.
Call the Admission Office to schedule 781-631-5800
- Playgroup Day (For applicants to Pre-k and K)
Small groups of applicants come in and play in the classroom for about an hour. Playgroups are held in the morning at 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00.
Kindergarten: Friday, January 25, 2013
Pre-kindergarten: Friday, February 1, 2013
You will receive a playgroup time from the Admission Office. Please make every effort to be available for the playgroup.